免费公开课(周三晚8点直播)

You don't think it's a bit mumsy?
You don't think it's a bit mumsy?
/ju: dəʊnt θɪŋk ɪts ə bɪt ˈmʌmzi/
mumsy
adj. having a comfortable, but dull and old-fashioned appearance
家常的;呆板的;不时髦的
Her wardrobe is so mumsy, filled with outdated clothing that looks more suitable for a grandma than a trendsetter.
她衣橱里的衣服太老气,已经过时了,看起来不像是时尚达人穿的,更像是老奶奶穿的。
mumsy /ˈmʌmzi/
adj. 家常的;呆板的;不时髦的
Her wardrobe is filled with mumsy clothes that she refuses to let go of.
BrE /ðə ˈfɪnɪʃɪŋ tʌʧ/
NAmE /ðə ˈfɪnɪʃɪŋ tʌʧ/
Thank you for the flowers. They've added the finishing touch to the table.
谢谢你送的花。它们是这张桌子很好的点缀。
The workers are still putting the finishing touches to the new university building. Let's hope it's ready in time for the opening!
工人们还在为新的大学楼做收尾工作。希望大楼能在正式启用前完工!
The hat was the finishing touch to her beautiful outfit.
这顶帽子是她这套美丽穿搭的点睛之笔。
think~it's~a bit/θɪŋk ɪts ə bɪt/
Rose: Ta dah!
看。
Cora: Oh, that's ① !
真好看!
Rose: You don't think it's a bit ② ?
不觉得有点太土气了吗?
Mary: No! It's very ③ !
怎么会!很时髦的!
Granny: Can we see it with the ④ ?
能戴上帽子看看吗?
1.His decorating choices are incredibly mumsy, with floral wallpaper and heavy furniture that scream '90s nostalgia.
2.I was putting the finishing touches on a report for that conference.
Mrs Crawley: And I think Rose and her young man will take up every scrap of attention we have for weddings.
我想罗斯和她那小伙子的婚礼,会成为我们关注的焦点。
Lord Merton: Please don't say that.
请别这么说。
Lord Merton's son: Papa! Larry's been sitting in the car since he left the dining room.
爸爸!自从拉里离开晚宴,他一直在车里等。
Lord Merton: I'm just coming.
我就来。
Lord Merton's son: I'll say good night, Mrs Crawley.
克劳利夫人,晚安。
Mrs Crawley: Good night.
晚安。
1.She was just a scrap of a thing.
参考答案:她是个不起眼的小东西。
2.The ball is now in your court, John. It's up to you to make the next move.
参考答案:现在由你来决定,约翰。接下来的行动取决于你。
-END-
Copyright © 2013-2024 口语粉碎机
转载事宜请私信 | 获得授权后方可转载
到此这篇seamless翻译(searing翻译)的文章就介绍到这了,更多相关内容请继续浏览下面的相关
推荐文章,希望大家都能在编程的领域有一番成就!
版权声明:
本文来自互联网用户投稿,该文观点仅代表作者本人,不代表本站立场。本站仅提供信息存储空间服务,不拥有所有权,不承担相关法律责任。
如若内容造成侵权、违法违规、事实不符,请将相关资料发送至xkadmin@xkablog.com进行投诉反馈,一经查实,立即处理!
转载请注明出处,原文链接:https://www.xkablog.com/rfx/21301.html